Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sta Lucia Falls: Dolores, Quezon


09/21/2014 - My trip to Dolores Quezon was really amazing. They say that the place is Holy and I think it was God who really made it possible for me to visit this place.

I can't say much adventure nor beauty of this place because we only went to one place and only experience one adventure. Dolores, Quezon is said to be a Holy place whenever it's Holy week in the Philippines. According to a friend of mine, a lot of people are visiting this place during Holy week even if this is a very hot month (summer).

To begin my not so adventurous journey to this place, I was invited by my partner to join their ride to Dolores, Quezon. By the way, it wasn't only the two of us who travelled but 15 of us. I was with the Magz Riders Club (MRC), the riders club where my partner is a member. All members were gentlemen but some of them were with there behalfs whenever they make a ride. I am still thinking of the objective of each ride they make. But i only notice that it promotes camaraderie among them as well as socialization and friendship. Basically, most of them haven't been to places they travel to. And so do I. That's why, I didn't let of the chance to visit this Holy place.


Before proceeding on our itinerary, there was a typhoon that damages a lot of houses and made a great flood on our area (Cainta, Phil). The flood was friday (Sept 19, 2014). Most people would compare typhoon Mario to typhoon Ondoy because of the impact it caused to a lot of places. Because of this, I lose hope that I won't be able to join the ride anymore. I already informed my partner that I won't be able to come. I slept early friday night, because I won't be able to come to work because of the high level of flood in our area. But to my surprise, upon waking up early in the morning, there was no flood inside the house and even the flood level outside the house is going down. I got this smile on my face that if it won't rain the whole day, the flood will be gone. And God is really Good! The flood was gone before I finally made a decision to pursue joining the ride the following day.

Sunday morning, at around 7:26AM, we left the meeting place and 15 riders drove to Dolores, Quezon. It took us less than two hours to arrive at the place. We stayed at the cousin's house of one of the member. We had brunch (short for breakfast and lunch) before proceeding to "Sta Lucia Falls". It was a 30 minute walk from the house where we at and took 267 steps before we reach the falls. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the place though the water isn't that clear. The water was so cold, the current of the river was fast and strong. We walk through the rocky roads and got to drink the crystal clear water from the falls.  Since the place is holy, we also prayed for our sickness and even for our love ones. My partner got a liter of water from the falls, because they believed that it can cure sickness. Some of us also felt something strange when under the falls. We felt like the Holy Spirit is within us while praying under the falls. I must say that this is another great trip wherein we didn't spend that much. I only spent less than P500 for this trip. They say that there are a lot of places to visit in this place. Since we don't have enough time and don't have a place to stay (if we decided to go over night) with, we just decided to visit the other places some other time.


After almost 2 hours of stay at Sta Lucia Falls, we've decided to go back and took the 267 steep steps going up. This was were I also felt the pain on my knee. It was really so strange that it became too painful that i can't even walk. I tried to ease the pain and walk until we reach the top. Thank God it became well.

We dresses up but not to leave yet. We ate lunch at 3pm and drove home by 4pm. I am greatful to be able to join their trip and visited this Holy place after all the disaster that happened few days back.

HOW TO GET THERE:
I was with a riders club when I visited this place. We rode a motorcycle.


BREAKDOWN OF EXPENSES:
Gasoline (Full Tank) ---> Php 300
Entrance Fee            ---> Free
Food                         ---> ^_^
Pasalubong/Souvenir ---> Optional

No comments:

Post a Comment