Wednesday 29 April 2015

Nagsasa Cove: San Antonio, Zambales

041114 - 041214
Day 1
My trip to Nagsasa (Zambales) is one of the best adventures i've been with especially that I am with my work mates. I never imagined that I could be in this place and even experienced the strong waves of the ocean.
 
It took us almost 5 hours travelling time going to Pundaquit, Zambales. Nagsasa Cove is an hour boat ride from Pundaquit, Zambales. From Pundaquit, you will already noticed that there are many Aetas in the place and they are very friendly and accommodating especially if you need a guide in going around the nearby places of Nagsasa Cove or even trekking and hiking. I was mesmerized by the nearby islands I saw prior to Nagsasa Cove, though I am not really aware what these islands names are. But, according to Kuya Boat Driver, we pass Capones Island and Anawangin Cove.
 
I was able to visit Nagsasa Cove with my officemates and other friends. It was my first time to visit this place and I must say that this place is a very good place to visit to. The place sounded really relaxing. The water is crystal clear and the sand is fine. There is no  inn, hotel or resort that you could stay with unless you bring a tent with you. There is no electricity and signal for mobile phones. I guess that's the reason why this place is perfect for relaxation.
 
As we arrived the place, we immediately set up our tents and started preparing the foods that we're going to cook. We prepared grilled fish (tilapia and bangus), pork (liempo), squids and appetizers (ensalada). Since most of our time was allotted to travelling, everyone was so hungry. We had dinner at around 9pm. After eating dinner, some of us preferred to take a rest and some preferred to take some time drinking and minggling with one another. I personally took a rest after dinner since I don't drink at all and doesn't have enough rest because I just came from my shift that night.
 
Day 2
The following day, most of us wake up early to prepare the food and go swimming. After breakfast, I decided to have a walk since I can't go swimming. The wind breeze was hot and strong. The water was clear enough for you to see what's underneath. I even saw 2 dogs who also swims in the ocean. That really amaze me, huh. Even dogs can feel the strong heat of the sun and the weather. But i believe this is really what summer season is. 


While walking, I saw different campsites. Nagsasa Cove was surprisingly divided into different campsites having fences as division. There are some campsites that offer free use of clean toilets and lavatories but there are some that don't. Unfortunately, the campsite where we at doesn't have a name and the restrooms were not clean and pleasant. If you're that meticulous type of person, I bet, you won't even use the restrooms on our campsite. So we rather pay and use the toilets of other campsites. We paid P20.00 per use, whether you'll take a bath, wash utensils or do personal stuff, the price is just the same. I advised you to do all the things in just one pay.
 
Looking at some campsites, they offer water activities such as Kayaking and Stand Up Paddle. Some even offer trekking and hiking. I thought hiking won't be possible since the mountains seemed very dry and stiff. I see it thru my eyes that there are some tourist who really tgo hiking and trekking to the nearby mountain. As I have heard, you will only pay P20.00/head for the guide to take to the mountain. I'm not that sure how long is the trekking but most of them stated that the view was impeccable.
 
You can also go island hopping. You'll just need to pay P100/head to be able to do this activity. It'll be best to go island hopping if you're many. Unfortunately on my end, We weren't able to do this activity beause according to the boat drivers, the waves going to Capones Island (which we are about to visit) is too strong and dangerous. So we decided to enjoy swimming and the view of the place.
 
At around 10AM, most of us decided to fix our things and prepare to leave. Since we are 24 in the group, we used 2 boats. The first boat left and I am with that boat. I noticed that the waves were really strong. I felt scared for the idea that the water might go inside the boat. I honestly don't know how to swim even though I am wearing a life vest. The worse is that, I travel without my partner who's good at swimming, so that really scares me a lot. We arrived at Pundaquit safe and even rested for a while, while waiting for the second boat (w/ my other teammates), we ate "halu-halo".
 
Finally, around 3 in the afternoon, we headed to Subic to have lunch. We stopped at Harbor Point. This is one mall that you can visit to. 7 of us decided to eat in a very famous fast food chain. We were given an hour to eat lunch and be back at a certain time. After lunch, we headed back to Manila. Due to traffic, I arrived home at 1030 in the evening. Though, it was a long travel and tiry day, it was still a fun and enjoying experience travelling alone (I mean not with my travel buddy) and with other people.
 
 
How to get there:
We paid a travel tour --- RicJoe Tour since we are a large group. The package depends on the headcount.
 
Breakdown of Expenses:
We only paid P1,650.00/head. This include the transfers from Manila to Pundaquit to Manila and the boat ride from Pundaquit to Nagsasa Cove to Pundaquit as well as tent rent/used, mineral waters (good for 2 days) and nipa rent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment